From Bay Area Warriors Coach Randy Bessolo:
“Please note the Bay Area Warriors will be playing in the three NCAA sanctioned events in July:
- July 13-14 – NorCal Summer Tip-Off in Livermore CA (Gerry Freitas – hoopreview.net)
- July 19-21 – Full Court Press Cream of the Crop in Garden Grove, CA (fullctpress.net)
- July 25-29 – BigFootHoops Las Vegas Classic (bigfoothoops.com)
We will have one or two teams in each event. Here are the players on our roster you should check out. All of the them are good academically. If you want more information on any of them, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Coach Randy Bessolo
415 418 4568
Gold Roster (2019 unless noted):
1. Marlon Short, Monte Vista HS, 6’5″ – super athletic wing who can really slash and score. Great defender and great motor.
2. Max Fried, University HS, 6’4″ – big, strong and athletic point guard. Fills up the stat sheet with points, assists, rebounds and steals.
3. Charley Moore, University HS, 6’5″ – long and athletic wing who can score. Athlete who gets dunks and buckets
4. Christian Pitcher, Berean Christian HS, 6’6″ – big and strong with good athleticism. Can play 2 through 5 positions and shoot with range
5. Marshall Lott V, California HS, 5’10” – super athletic guard who gets dunks and went to State Meet in High Jump. Can score and ball hawk on defense.
6. Chime Ugbaja, Riordan HS, 5’10” – super strong and very skilled. His older brother played D1 basketball at Sac. State. Classic point guard who can change the game with defensive pressure on the ball
7. Charlie Raisin (Class of 2020), New Hampton Prep, 6’7″ – big body and soft touch. Great shooter. Can play inside or on perimeter
8. Jackie Luong, Washington HS, 6′ – very skilled guard who can really shoot it. Great feel for the game. Can create his own shot
9. Johnny Yu, St. Ignatius HS, 6′ – shooter and skilled guard
10. Eric Donaldson, Antioch HS, 6’4″ – Strong versatile player who can play all 5 positions. Note Eric is playing overseas with the 18U National Team for England in July. If you want to connect with Eric please let me know.
11. Zach Galvin, Southridge HS, 6’4″ – Zach moved back to Oregon. If you want to connect let me know.
Blue Roster (2019 unless noted):\
1. Brandon Radu, Redwood HS, 6’3″ – very athletic scorer. Can get to rim or shoot 3’s
2. Zac Quanico, Riordan HS, 5’8″ – super quick point guard who can create or score from NBA range
3. Marquez Costiniano, Jefferson HS, 5’10” – super quick point guard who can create or score. Ballhawk on D.
4. Chance Farrell-Martin, Redwood HS, 6’2″ – big, strong and skilled point guard
5. Jeylen Slaton, Newark-Memorial HS, 6’3″ – strong, skilled and versatile
6. Leo Tillson (Class of 2020), St. Mary’s HS, 6’4″ – versatile player who can shoot 3’s and get to rim. Good athlete.
7. Jake Matthews, Redwood HS, 6’1″ – strong, skilled and tough point guard
8. Ryan Daly (Class of 2020), St. Francis HS, 6’5″ – very strong athlete who is can shoot it and is tough and smart.
9. Dean Watson, Redwood HS, 6’5″ – strong and skilled forward who can play the post or on the perimeter
The Nor Cal Juco Summer Jamboree will be held Thursday July 12 at Skyline College in San Bruno. First game is at 12:30 pm. Northern California Junior College
“Coach Bracy Joins College Staff”—Brandon Bracy
Bracy is now part of Coach Steve Ball’s Napa Valley College coaching staff.
Per Inside The Spartans, San Jose State University point Nai Carlisle is transferring to Cal State East Bay. (scroll down to last two posts)
“San Francisco State adds four freshmen for 2018-19”—Gator athletics
Try 6-foot-10 and a 4.23 grade point average.
NBBA: “2017-18 @sfchronicle North Bay POTY, Viktor Rajkovic, is poised for a big July after a June that included trips to Penn, Princeton, Brown, Johns Hopkins, Swarthmore, UCSD. He is seeing interest from high academic D3s and Ivy League schools.”