Findlay Prep: “Welcome to the family, @raymondhawkiins
Raymond will join the Findlay Family from East Oakland for his senior season. Let’s get it!”
Castlemont High was short-lived.
Concordia University Irvine: “SIGNED: Austin Clarke”
Out of Campolindo High and Citrus College, the 6-foot-6 Clarke averaged 10.9 points plus 3.7 rebounds while shooting 48%, 43% and 89% respectively.
A 6-foot guard out of Louisiana, White averaged 15.4 points, 6.8 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 2.1 steals last season.
“Roadrunners Add Assistant Coaches to @MSUDenverMBB Staff
…Brandon Cole Bring History of Success to MSU Denver”
“…Cole, in his one season at Central Wyoming, helped the Rustlers to a 20-win season while competing in the difficult Region 9. Cole also spent one season as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Division II Fresno Pacific (Calif.) and five seasons at Sierra (Calif.) College, a two-year school where he was promoted to associate head coach in 2015. The Wolverines reached the playoffs each year during Cole’s tenure.
During his playing career at Ashford (Iowa) University, Cole was named an NAIA Division II Academic All-American. Previously, he was an all-conference player at Sierra and then spent one season at Dakota State (S.D.)…”
Players from northern California on the 2018-19 Metro State roster:
- Kendall (Freedom High/CCSF)McIntosh
- Andrew (Freedom High) Mörk
- Adam (Ponderosa High) Orr
- Chris (Jesuit High) Simpson
Marc J. Spears: “Dominic Artis has signed a one-year deal with Italy Serie A Pesaro, his agent Calvin Andrews said.”
Keshad Johnson: “Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Cincinnati. Go Bearcats”
Johnson is a 2019 small forward attending Envision Academy.
Kareem Clark: “blessed to receive an offer to play for former NBA All-Star Josh Howard at Piedmont International University!!”
The 6-foot-3 Capital Christian High guard is a 2018 graduate.
Verbal Commits: “2019 Woodstock Academy (CT) G/F Mikal Gjerde has received an offer from UC Davis.”
San Diego, San Francisco and Montana State have also offered.
Dominican men’s basketball and Coach Booker T. Harris are excited to announce the Inaugural Dominican Basketball Coaching Clinic Sept. 15 from 12-5 p.m. PDT at the Conlan Center on the campus of Dominican University of California.
Golden State Warriors assistant coach Ron Adams will headline the event as the keynote speaker. Adams completed his fourth year as an assistant on Steve Kerr’s staff, helping the Warriors capture their third NBA Championship in four years. Coach Adams has been an assistant and head coach for over 40 years. His resume includes stops in the collegiate ranks at Fresno Pacific, UC Santa Barbara, Fresno State, UNLV and Drake. While in the NBA, Adams has worked for the San Antonio Spurs, Philadelphia 76ers, Milwaukee Bucks, Chicago Bulls, Oklahoma City Thunder and Boston Celtics before his current stop in the Bay Area.
“We are excited to have Coach Adams be the keynote speaker at our coaching clinic,” Dominican head coach Booker T. Harris said. “His success with the Warriors the last four years, combined with the various coaching experiences he has had over the span of his career, makes him a great resource for coaches to learn from.”
The entire series of speakers will be announced in the upcoming weeks. Cost of admission will be $50 for an individual coach or $40 per coach for more than one member of a coaching staff. You can register at http://dominicanathletics.com/coachingclinic at your convenience. Check-in and on-site registration for the clinic will take place starting at 11 a.m. on Sept. 15 at the Conlan Center located at 1475 Grand Ave., San Rafael, CA 94901.
2018 Nor Cal Clash Rosters
Sunday August 26 at Chabot College (3:00 PM)
Class of 2019
- Jay Allen-Tovar 6’8 Valley Christian (San Jose)
- Miles Amos 6’1 Stuart Hall (San Francisco)
- Neal Begovich 6’8 St. Ignatius (San Francisco)
- William Chavarin 6’3 Bishop O’Dowd (Oakland)
- Isaiah Hawthorne 6’6 Tracy
- Bryce Johnson 6’6 St. Mary’s (Stockton)
- Keshad Johnson 6’6 Envision Academy (Oakland)
- Ezra Manjon 5’10 Heritage (Brentwood)
- Chance McMillan 6’2 St. Patrick-St. Vincent (Vallejo)
- Aaron Murphy 6’8 Modesto Christian
- Steven Richardson 6’5 Grant (Sacramento)
- Coach: Tom Costello – Dublin
Class of 2020
- Robbie Beasley 6’2 Dublin
- Tyler Brinkman 6’5 Salesian (Richmond)
- Xavion Brown 6’1 Sheldon (Sacramento)
- Je’Lani Clark 6’2 Riordan (San Francisco)
- Coleman Hawkins 6’9 Antelope
- Dishon Jackson 6’8 St. Patrick-St. Vincent (Vallejo)
- Jhaylon Martinez 6’10 Vanden (Fairfield)
- Bryce Monroe 5’9 Sacred Heart Cathedral (San Francisco)
- Kendall Munson 6’8 Capital Christian (Sacramento)
- Dallas Rider 6’4 Alameda
- Devan Sapp 6’3 Archbishop Mitty (San Jose)
- Coach: Joey Rollings – Sheldon (Sacramento)