“Coaches and Scouts,
We (the Bay City Warriors) are a San Francisco based program with a 14 year history of sending players the to the D1, D2, D3, NAIA and Juco levels. We will be entering two teams, Bay City Warriors 17s Showcase and Bay City Warriors 17s Blue in the following tournaments in July:
- 7/7 – NorCal Summer Preview at Chabot College in Hayward, CA
- 7/11-14 (NCAA sanctioned) – WCE Summer Classic at American Sports Center in Anaheim, CA. We will be at this event all four days and play 2 games each day
- 7/25-28 – Las Vegas Big Time Tournament
We have a roster of great players who are all good students including several who are interested in High Academic colleges. All of the players are 2020 prospects. Three of the players are joining us for the summer including two from Prep Schools out east and a 2019 (Wrenn Robinson) who is going to do a PG year and is now a 2020. I have written a little summary on each player below but please feel free to contact me to discuss them in more detail. I have also attached a roster with phone numbers.
Bay City Warriors
415 418 4568
- Jai Deshpande #0, 6’5″ wing from Sacred Heart Prep – Very long and athletic, great shooter from 3 range who can great his own shot and slash to the hoop often finishing with dunks. Great student who is pursuing high academic colleges.
- Ethan Jetter # 33, 6’5″ wing from California HS – Big strong Australian who is very versatile. Can play inside or out. Good shooter, passer and rebounder. Team player.
- A.J. Gilbert #22, 5’11” point guard from Albany HS – Super skilled and smart point guard. Coach’s dream. Very good shooter but can really run a team.
- Leo Tilson #25, 6’5″ wing from St. Mary’s – Strong wing who is a great 3-point shooter. Very versatile lefty who can also score inside and rebound. Surprisingly good athleticism. Great student who is pursuing high academic colleges.
- Oscar Cheng #24, 6’8″ post from Sacred Heart Cathedral but will be moving to Hawaii for Senior season – Big and active post. Very good defender and scorer close to basket. Smart and good leadership skills.
- Kori McCoy #6, 5’11” point guard from Sacred Heart Cathedral – super fast and quick point guard. Great penetrator, passer, scorer and defender.
- Antonio Abeyta #23, 5’11” point guard from Serra – super quick and skilled playmaker. Great defender! Can really handle, shoot and distribute.
- Dominic Wilson #11, 6’4″ forward from Riordan – Strong and versatile. Tremendous motor. Great hustle player who really rebounds and makes winning plays
- Jonas Willet #15 (Blue), 6’2″ guard from El Cerrito HS – 3-point shooter with good skills
- Junior Cotton (Blue), 6′ guard from Hillsdale HS – super quick guard who can really score and defend
- Everette Banks #21, 6’1″ guard from St. Mary’s – Very fundamentally skilled and versatile guard. Very good 3-point shooter. Very athletic and strong player often finishing with dunks. High academic student. (Everette will not be with us in July since he will be traveling overseas)
- Marlon Short #35, 6’5″ wing from Canterbury Prep School – super long and athletic. Great motor. Playmaker on both offense and defense. Receiving D1 and D2 interest
- Wrenn Robinson #44, 6’2″ point guard from St. Ignatius (2019) who will be doing a post grad year at an east coast prep school – Big strong guard who is very skilled and is great 3-point shooter. Can creates own shot. Has received D1, D2 and D3 interest. Is interested in high academic colleges.
- Charlie Raisin #32 (Blue), 6’6″ forward from New Hampton prep school – Big body who can play inside or out. Likes to face up on perimeter and great 3 point shooter. Pursuing high academic colleges.”
“Branson’s Viktor Rajkovic chooses Golden State Prep” Danny Schmidt
Eric Mireri, a 6-foot-4 guard out of College of Marin, signed with Idaho in May (the Vandals also just made a coaching change).
Verbal Commits: “2019 Prolific Prep (CA) G Zach Harvey has signed with Cincinnati.”
More from Eric Bossi.
NBBA: “Good luck to former NBBAshowcase player, Petaluma HS and College of Marin standout Joey Potts (joeykanepotts) as he heads off to Oregon State to continue his basketball career at the D1 level!! Best of luck Joey. Keep working!!!”
The 6-foot-10, 200 Potts signed with Oregon Tech in 2017. Here’s a 2018 feature on him.
He averaged 12.0 points, 7.1 boards and 2.8 blocks per game this season as a sophomore at COM.
John Murphy: “Rich Forslund said he is not returning to assist at Riordan in 2019-2020, but is looking. He had successful head coaching runs at Lowell, Burlingame, Riordan and Half Moon Bay, especially the latter two, winning 194 games and state title at Riordan and 163 games at HMB.”
Standley was at St. Martin’s in Washington. SM’s head coach Alex Pribble left to become associate head coach of Seattle in May.
“DJ Broome Joins Men’s Basketball as Assistant Coach” Academy of Art athletics
6-foot-2 2021 Archbishop Mitty guard Mike Mitchell is suddenly a wanted young man with USC, San Diego State and UC Davis offering this week. UC Santa Barbara extended two months ago.
The way to deconstruction, not reconstruction.
Chris Murray: “Random: SJSU basketball’s leading scorer in each of the last five years has either transferred the following season (four times) or been dismissed from the team (once). Top two scorers from last year transferred. Top three from season prior transferred.”
In the article: “In 2015, he was the first foreign player to receive a green card in China.” Wouldn’t that be a red card?